Thursday, July 20, 2006

London

I met Denis in London where we stayed 4 nights. I was amazed at the incredible cultural vitality of the city!


A view of the Houses of Parliament overlooking the Thames River



The "London Eye" - A gigantic ferris wheel that offers spectacular views of the city



Denis in the London Eye with a view of the Houses of Parliament



Big Ben!



Denis and I at Westminister Abbey



Me and Ben (he's the tall one in the background)



London Bridge



Buckingham Palace.



Royal Guards at a rehearsal for the Queen's 'Jubilee' parade.



A "Changing of the Guard" ceremony for the Queen. Her majesty can be seen at the very left hand side of the screen on the platform (she's the one in the blue dress).



The Tower of London. On our tour we heard lots of fun stories about hangings, torture chambers, and betrayals. We also saw the stunning "Crown Jewels" which are housed here.



A dramatization at the Tower of London of a historical exchange between a Roman Catholic prisoner (imprisoned for his public promotion of the Catholic Faith) and the guard who would eventually aid his escape.










1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger hunchback scholar said...

Where's the freakin' GLOBE, jerk?
I wanted to see the globe.
I feel so betrayed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home